Detroit Public School Community District
School: Burton International Academy
Position: K-8 General Music Teacher, Band Director
- Teaches Gordon Music Learning Theory and Kodai methods along with Share the Music District Curriculum
- Teaches middle school piano, guitar, songwriting, and composing, along with a rich General Music curriculum of world music
- Focuses on instrumental education: teaches recorders, drumming, hand bells, body percussion, guitar, xylophone, and piano, along with band instruments
- Currently cultivating a grade 5-8 band program, projected to begin in Fall 2020
Evola Music, Canton, MI
Position: Piano Instructor
- Studio has grown to over 30 students of ages ranging from 3 years old to 80 years old
- Students are accomplished performers, obtaining Division I rankings in Michigan District Solo and Ensemble
- Bi-Yearly recitals have nearly 100% participation from students in the studio
Eastern Michigan University (EMU)
Bachelors in Instrumental Music Education K-12 Certified, with a Minor in Secondary English Language, Literature and Writing Education 6-12 Certified
- Bachelor of Music Education GPA: 3.68
- Bachelor of Arts GPA: 3.87
- EMU College of Education Dean’s List, 2017 to 2019
Hope College (HC)
- Piano Performance, Music and English Education
- Hope College Dean’s List, 2013 to 2015
- Hope College Distinguished Artist Award, 2013 to 2015
- Arts Editor and staff writer, The Anchor, Hope College’s student-run news paper, 2013 to 2015
- Music Director and DJ, WTHS 89.9, Hope College’s student-run radio station, 2013 to 2015
- Brother of the Hope College Chapter of Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity
- Liberal Arts transfer agreement/early college dual enrollment
- Schoolcraft College Dean’s List, 2010 to 2012
- Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society, 2010 to 2012
- Primary Instruments: Piano (Classical/Jazz/Pop), Trombone, Guitar, Voice (alto/mezzo soprano).
- Secondary Instruments: Organ, Harpsicord, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Oboe, Bassoon, Trumpet, French Horn, Percussion, Violin, Cello, Bass.
- Ensembles: HC Women’s Choir, HC Wind Ensemble, HC Chamber Ensembles, EMU Symphonic Band, EMU Marching Band, EMU Jazz Ensemble/Combos, EMU Trombone Choir/Women’s Trombone Quintet.
- Language Arts: Tutoring, revision, English as a Second Language support.
|Student Teacher, Huron Valley Schools
Muir Middle School, Country Oaks Elementary – Milford, MI – 2019
Group Piano instructor
Evola School of Music – Canton, MI – 2018 to Present
Private Piano/Trombone instructor
Self Employed – 2013 to Present
Hope College Concert Band – Holland, MI – 2014 to 2015
Elementary Music Practicum Teaching
Holland Elementary – Holland, MI – 2015
Music Theory and Aural Skills Tutor
Hope College Learning Services – Holland, MI – 2014 to 2015
English Tutor, Learning Assistance Center
Schoolcraft College – Livonia, MI – 2011 to 2012
Mustang Racing Technology, Inc.
2013 to 2018 – Plymouth, MI
Administrative Assistant. Created company forms, documented company processes, issued company purchase orders, submitted purchase requisition forms, and processed payments for client accounts.
2015 to 2018 – Ypsilanti, MI
Person In Charge (PIC). Managed shifts, audited opening and closing paperwork, counted and deposited company funds.
Private Accompanist, EMU
2018 to Present – Ypsilanti, MI
Rehearses with instrumentalists and vocalists individually and in client lessons. Coaches clients in performance confidence, practice strategies, and execution of musical elements.
Orchestra Librarian, Hope College
2014 to 2015 – Holland, MI
Prepared ensemble parts, copied bowing and conductor notes into music, audited music scores for the college.
- National Association for Music Education (NAfME)
- Music Teacher’s National Association (MTNA)
- Michigan Education Association (MEA)
- Michigan Council for Teachers of English (MCTE)
For professional references, please contact me directly at email@example.com.